Friday, September 4, 2009

Spot News


So I'm on the interstate trying to fight through traffic to get home when I decided to turn off the highway and go a different direction. little did I know that I was about to see a gas truck tip over and explode just ahead of me. I think it was commercial photographer Chase Jarvis who said " the best camera is the one you have beside you". Well, in my case it was in my pocket. I shot this quick image with my iPhone before the state police everyone move back off the interstate off ramp. Just because you don't have a top of the line camera with you doesn't mean you can't pick-up whatever you have around you to capture a moment. Never underestimate the power of what you have beside you or in your pocket.

Posted by ShoZu

1 comment:

Vernon Young Jr. said...

Good capture...right place, right time. I need to get an iphone!