Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Organic...

Got the opportunity to work with the guys over at Drive&Ambition Clothing again, this time we came up with an idea to do a guerilla style commercial video shoot with an extremely fresh hip-hop band called "Upperclassmen". We did the shoot in front of mini-mart corner store in the Park Place section of Norfolk. It was definitely an experience I will always remember, for about an hour or so we had the entire neighborhood rocking to the purely organic sounds of a funky drummer, bass player, songstress and dope emcee.

All the footage was shot using a Nikon D90. It's been my goal since I got the camera to push it to the limits to see what the camera can do. So far, I'm liking the feel of the camera. The only problem I have is I keep wanting to put the camera to my face to shoot stills when I'm capturing video...??? Guess that's just the photographer in me...

Before I forget, I want to give a special thanks to the cops for not shutting us down. We had no permit to shoot, could have been a disaster.


No comments: